10 Questions ...
Profession: Graphic designer and freelancer extraordinaire
Dog-sport involvement: Owner-handler, worked at both AKC and WKC
Hometown: Wayne, New Jersey
Astrological sign: Taurus
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
No superstitions really, but I do have a lucky suit that I wear on special occasions.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
So many! But a few favorites are anything from Marvel, Yellowstone and Unsolved Mysteries.
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
I have a few ideas: Work with parent clubs to improve, update and maintain their websites so it’s easier for the general public to find a good purebred dog when they search online. Focus on the promotion of all AKC events, not just the big ones. It would be amazing to get more spectators at local shows since it’s a great opportunity to meet breeders and owners and ask questions. Also, I’m not a fan of dog shows on national holidays, so I’d probably rethink that – everyone deserves a day of rest.
4. Most valued material possession?
My engagement and wedding ring.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
I’m half Filipino!
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
Amy Poehler in “Mean Girls” ’cause I’m a cool mom now.
7. What are you “famous” for?
Going from total dog-show novice to decent competitor in a short amount of time. And hopefully just being a good person and friendly face at shows.
8. What website do you visit most often?
The usual social media sites. I’m always observing, but not always reacting.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
I’ve been lucky to have so many memorable moments since I’ve been an exhibitor, but going Best in Show at the Kennel Club of Philadelphia in 2019 still blows my mind. I haven’t been disappointed much, but when I do lose, I just see it as an opportunity to learn, work harder and try again.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
“Do you wanna go on a trip together?!”