10 Questions ...
Profession: Sales-force implementation consultant and restaurant owner
Dog-sport involvement: Third-generation breeder/owner/handler of Irish Wolfhounds, AKC judge and backer of exceptional dogs
Hometown: San Francisco, California, and Jackson, Wyoming
Astrological sign: Sagittarius
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
No superstitions, just a mantra … if you don’t show, you can’t win.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
“Survivor” … or “Forensic Files” when I’m on the road.
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
Enforce the Judges Disciplinary Guidelines.
4. Most valued material possession?
My mom’s wedding ring.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
I’ve never colored my hair.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
Well, my eighth-grade class voted me “Next Charo at the Hawaiian Hilton”!
7. What are you “famous” for?
Ask my husband.
8. What website do you visit most often?
Amazon, Canine Chronicle events calendar and Alaska Airlines.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
Satisfying wins – I never dwell on defeats. Winning the 2003 IWCA National Specialty under Dr. Goran Bodegärd with a dog I bred, owned and handled and breaking the Afghan Hound all-time specialty records (dog and bitch) with dogs I co-owned.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
“Can I see your ID?”