Profession: Formerly finance
Dog-sport involvement: Portuguese Water Dog breeder and exhibitor in conformation, agility and water work
Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina
Astrological sign: Sagittarius
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
Is it a superstition or obsession to comb my dog’s hair until the moment before they enter the ring?
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
Definitely “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”!
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
Start a marketing campaign on the dedication of breeders of purpose-bred dogs and how that dedication improves the lives of people everywhere.
4. Most valued material possession?
For anyone who knows me this is a tough one, as I love beautiful objects. Home is my most valued material possession.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
That I love potato chips! Delicious with both of my favorite cocktails: martini or champagne.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
My mother and father. They really shaped me, and encouraged hard work and dedication by example.
7. What are you “famous” for?
Having too many Portuguese Water Dogs!
8. What website do you visit most often?
Lately, 1stdibs.com, as I am moving to a new home in Brooklyn.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
Oh, most certainly in 2016 at the 25th PWDCA National. Violet earned Best of Breed from Judge Edd Bivin! It was a joy beyond measure watching Violet and Kim that day.
Defeats I try to release as fast as I can, and believe in my dog always.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
“What can I do for you today?” It always feels supportive to hear that question.